Fender Rhodes Supersite

Discuss or link to useful articles and resources on the web. Commercial posts will be removed unless approved upfront by the admins.

Moderators: pianolady, techneut, robert

Fender Rhodes Supersite

Postby arensky » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:36 am

Fascinating site about the Fender Rhodes piano and Harold Rhodes, it's inventor. The Rhodes piano is the last recent non-digital keyboard instrument to be designed and developed, to the best of my knowledge. Read all about it!

Postby MindenBlues » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:07 am

I love the sound of a Fender Rhodes piano too. However, such a piano has pretty much discomfort.
The weight is about 50kg or so, so not very good for the intervertebral discs...

The advantage is, every note can be regulated separately for pitch, volume and tone color with primitive but efficient adjustments. The disadvantage is, that must be redone from time to time again. So there is maintenance time needed.

Next, the keyboard action is not the best either. I find the action tough, fast trills are almost impossible.

Nevertheless, a Fender Rhodes piano has a distinct charme, and I am glad that I have one. It is interesting, that still beside the drawbacks, a real Rhodes is still in use nowadays. Nothing beats an original...

Postby Anonymous » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:11 pm

Yeh, I had a Rhodes MarkII too for jazzfusion and other music projects, too bad it isn't mine anymore. :( It is nowdays hard to get one.

Return to “Useful resources”