Advice wanted finding scores

Discuss or link to useful articles and resources on the web. Commercial posts will be removed unless approved upfront by the admins.

Moderators: pianolady, techneut, robert

Advice wanted finding scores

Postby Anonymous » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:58 pm

I'm looking for a score of any one of FW Rust's sonatas - hopefully in both the original and the notoriously "improved" versions – for an illustrated talk or more likely talks to fellow amateurs on the piano sonata in the time of Beethoven 1770- 1827, planned for next year. The only scores I've been able to track down so far are 12 Sonates in an edition by Salabert [UMP50754]. Does anyone know this edition (which seems outrageously expensive) - are they the original or the improved versions? Are there any other versions still about?

Grateful too for any information on the availability of affordable scores of sonatas by J B Cramer, Kalkbrenner and Thalberg [ISBN nos. 0824061594, 0815308493, 0815308477 and 0815308485 seem to have been spirited away but would probably be beyond my pocket anyway at present prices], Tomaschek, Stanislao Mattei (did he actually write any?), Salieri (there are some enigmatic references on the internet to a C major sonata edited by Prosseda but little else), J W Hässler, J B Vanhal or Wanhal and, um, Hyacinthe Jadin.

Postby PJF » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:24 am

I take it you've scoured

Postby Anonymous » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:10 am

An excellent resource. That's how I found this site!

Yes on reflection can certainly take Kalkbrenner off my wishlist.

Postby Anonymous » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:03 pm

Er, better put him back on again. And take anything published by UE off. What a load of wasters.

Return to “Useful resources”