Can you do this?

Discuss pianists who do not have recordings at Piano Society.

Moderators: pianolady, techneut, robert

Re: Can you do this?

Postby sarah » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:59 pm

fluterific00 wrote:Sergio Timepo

Thanks for sharing this. That young fellow has a technique nothing short of amazing! I looked him up on the web (having heard his name but not knowing exactly who he was), and what I found was enormously impressive.
Though everything else may appear shallow and repulsive, even the smallest task in music is so absorbing, and carries us so far away from town, country, earth, and all worldly things, that it is truly a blessed gift of God.

Felix Mendelssohn

good. :)

Postby fluterific00 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:48 pm

glad you liked it. :)
Painting is just an advanced form of coloring. :D

Postby Rachfan » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:44 am

While watching the opening stunt, I went on to watch all three of the Tiempo interview videos there. Great stuff!
"Interpreting music means exploring the promise of the potential of possibilities." David April

François Micol

Postby François Micol » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:57 pm

Okay, it's quite a stunt, but where's the music in that? Godowsky's studies on Chopin's Etudes are beautiful pieces that have a definitive, intrinsically musical value that goes far beyond mere technical prowess. Tiempo's "study" is basically the study in thirds with a weird, convoluted accompaniment that adds nothing to the piece. Even Hamelin's triple study has a certain flow to it, not to mention variety.

Return to “Pianists”