Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:57 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: LisztWorks.com
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:20 am 

I know that the creator of that site - Chris Breemer - is a member of Piano Society (techneut), so I have a question. When is the site going to be updated? I think it says in the news section on July 15th of last year that a big update is coming, but the site still doesn't seem to have that many recordings. I think this website might have more. Don't get me wrong: it's amazing how he found all of Liszt's works and took the time to "liszt" them all (hahaha :wink: ), but is he planning on adding more recordings. There are so many of those pieces that sound really interesting!!! I would love to hear more of the waltzes and galops, and pretty much everything! I think it's amazing what has been done so far.

So just so you know I'm not complaining, but I wanted to know if any more updates are coming to the site. Hopefully there are.

P.S. To anyone who is apart of the "staff" of Lisztworks.com - also wanted to let you know that none of the Valse Melancolique links work. Hope I didn't point out the obvious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:31 am 

Sorry to bust your bubble but I believe Erik Helling is the creator of that website. According to Mr. Robert, we can now safely assume that he fell off the face of the earth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:20 am 

Oops! Sorry Chris!!! :oops: If you're reading this I'm sorry I thought you created the site.

Nobody knows what happened to Erik Helling? That's weird, and there goes my hope. But I bet if Piano Society took management over that website (however hard and unprobable it is) it would rock!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:03 pm 

chopinman0901 wrote:
That's weird, and there goes my hope. But I bet if Piano Society took management over that website (however hard and unprobable it is) it would rock!

Erik at one point was part of pianosociety management. He still was when he started lisztworks as a seperate project. Due to similarities in the sites' design I don't think he ever intended to merge the two.

And like mentioned, he vaporized from the intarweb. Even the page from his (former?) employer seems dead. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:24 pm 
Site Admin

Correct Jof, he really disappeared. Tried to call him, sent a numerous of emails etc. but nope, nothing. I have not really tried to haunt him down but it is a bit strange and worrying.