It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:27 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:59 am 
Site Admin

avguste wrote:
Hooah
Nice job Robert and I would be willing to pay a small fee for CD quality

I would perhaps be possible to arrange something. Perhaps only for forum members. I'll think of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:30 am 

robert wrote:
I am not sure if there are distorsions from their playing originating from either the recording to the rolls or when they are scanned and converted to midi. Sometimes, it sounds too precise (as if the midi resolution was set too harsh as to perhaps 1/64 notes) but other times like they have sync problems between the hands which I hardly believe they had. At least, I think it gives a pretty good idea how they interpretated the music.

Robert, many thanks to the new piano roll postings. I find it absolut interesting to listen to Godowsky and Co., how they interpreted Chopin and others so long time ago. Since they were still in the old 19th century school, one comes closer to the manner it was played originally, so I hope. Godowsky plays with such an amount of rubato and speed changes - Cortot, the old rubato master, plays almost plain and even in comparison!

I hope that no midi resolution things like quantization to 1/64 note or whatever were done, to let the most possible amount of original music remain. Maybe what we would call now sync problems between hands nowadays, was hand independent chopinesque rubato 80 years back?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:36 pm 
Site Admin

MindenBlues wrote:

I hope that no midi resolution things like quantization to 1/64 note or whatever were done, to let the most possible amount of original music remain. Maybe what we would call now sync problems between hands nowadays, was hand independent chopinesque rubato 80 years back?

I've been checking some of the midi rendations with an editing software (Cakewalk) and they seem not to be syncronised as there exist very small time shifts between the notes. Midi is on the other hand always syncronised in some way but the settings seems to be 128:th of notes which should be unaudible.

But, there could still be manipulations made by the piano roll manufactorers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:59 pm 
Site Admin

I have just added another 5 pieces, all by Liszt and with the performers Rubinstein, Hofmann, Paderewski and Godowski. I could hardly believe my ears when I heard the Godowski Concerto Etude! :shock:

Enjoy!

http://pianosociety.com/cms/index.php?section=738