Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:47 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: new game?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:05 pm 
Site Admin

Just wondering if there is any interest? We haven't played a game in a long time. I'd be willing to start the first round, unless someone else REALLY wants to...I don't mind either way.

For those who don't know, the game is like a 'Name That Tune' game whereas we name classical piano pieces by various more-or-less mainstream classical composers. You can attach just little parts of a piece from a recording, or you can record the clips yourself and attach them - and then the others have to guess the piece. Anyone want to play?

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano

Post subject: Re: new game?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:10 am 

I'm game

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:48 am 
Site Admin

RSPIll wrote:
I'm game

Ok, Scott, that's good. Let's wait a bit and see if anyone else wants to play...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:11 pm 
Site Admin

Scott, looks like you are the only fun person around here. But we can't play the game with only the two of us, so there will be no game. :( That's a shame. :( Guess I will have to get my piano amusement elsewhere.... :(

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:12 pm 

pianolady wrote:
Scott, looks like you are the only fun person around here. But we can't play the game with only the two of us, so there will be no game. :( That's a shame. :( Guess I will have to get my piano amusement elsewhere.... :(

Spoil sports. :(

Scott

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:58 pm 

I'm sorry I didn't volunteer, but for me the whole process of recording is a big production, given that my approach uses an A-D converter between the mics and my laptop with sound mastering sw. Every weekend I wonder if this will be the weekend that I set everything up and try to get some rep recorded for submission (which I'm anxious to share with all of you), and weekend after weekend I say, "It's just not ready yet." :(

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:05 pm 
Site Admin

You don't have to record anything to play this game. The person who's in charge of a particular round can just attach a tiny sample of a piece and then the others have to guess what the piece is. Like the sample attached below:

Attachments:
sample1.mp3 [255.39 KiB]
Downloaded 101 times