Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:53 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: My videos now on YouTube
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:30 am 

Hello all,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I now have a YouTube account with some videos of some of my past live performances. Included are videos of the actual performances of some of the pieces I submitted to Piano Society, including Chopin's Etude, Op. 10 No. 1 in C major and Liszt's Funerailles. There are 13 videos total, as of now. I'd be very interested in, and grateful for, any comments. Thanks!

Alexander Djordjevic

P. S. The YouTube address is shown below, in my signature...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:56 pm 
Site Admin

I randomly clicked on your Bach Prelude & Fugue without realizing which one it was and then laughed because I just heard this same piece twice within the past week in our Audition Room. I also watched your Chopin - Ballade No. 1. IMO, both pieces are perfectly played. Really great!

I have never commented on Youtube before, but I'll try to check it out later and see how to do it.

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:35 am 

Thanks, pianolady. I think one must have a YouTube account in order to comment on the site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:49 pm 

Alexander, I finally got a chance to watch these videos. Really exquisite playing! I also appreciate your stage presence - it does not detract from the music, but instead enhances the listening experience. I do get quite perturbed with those pianists who can play beautifully, but act the part of the wild man so perfectly that I take away a impression of their silly keyboard antics instead of their lovely music.

Though everything else may appear shallow and repulsive, even the smallest task in music is so absorbing, and carries us so far away from town, country, earth, and all worldly things, that it is truly a blessed gift of God.

Felix Mendelssohn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:18 am 

I'm enjoying your Appassionata right now. I will say in no uncertain terms that I love your playing. I enjoy watching because you sit still and play wonderfully. :D I can't stand to watch pianists who move about and "emote". Your control of pianissimo reminds me distinctly of Horowitz. Perhaps that's not a coincidence? :wink: I'm to tired to check out your Liszt/Horowitz Rakoczy March, but I will tomorrow.

Keep up the good work! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:25 pm 

I'm watching/listening to the rest of your vids now. Your Chopin Ballade #1 is topping. I definitely here Horowitz in there somewhere. :lol: Your Mozart Rondo is gorgeous, too. And I love your more civilized rendition of the Horowitz/Liszt. Horowitz goes full bore all the way. Not that that's bad, but your take is most enjoyable. :wink: