PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:32 pm 

The D Minor pair from Book II is missing! :cry: :cry:

So are a few others, but that's the one I need. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:11 am 

imslp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:55 am 

hmm...I just checked it yesterday and there was still nothing up that I could see! I guess I looked in the wrong place...

Oh well...the PDF files won't work for me anyway (Mac, Preview). They're fine for everything except for printing. I can't get it scaled to the page for printing properly. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:11 am 
Site Admin

Terez, I found it (BWV 875 ?) on imslp. Do you think it will work if I download it and email it to you?

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:28 am 

Well, I fixed the problem by downloading Adobe (and finding the right page on imslp). I dislike Adobe because it is a huge gigantic beasthog, and when I still used Windows, I used Foxit and actually removed Adobe from my system altogether. But it seems okay so far on the Mac...

Time for WTC Project, Take II. :D D minor this time, instead of B-flat minor (analysis of the sets from both books in that key).

I have recordings now - GG playing pretty much everything by Bach. He's such a weirdo...but it's hard not to like him. I like him because he made his own rules for Bach. You get tired of listening to the same thing over and over again, and sometimes subtle differences just don't cut it. If I could actually play (I can't, really), I would do things very differently from GG a lot of the time, but he is the most interesting I've found to listen to (and I'm aware that the opinion is very cliché, but am not too concerned about that).

So, since I suck at playing piano, I have never really gotten to know a lot of Bach, much to my dismay. But I have recordings that captivate me now. :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:09 am 
Site Admin

Yes some items are missing, probably because nobody had recorded them yet at the time. I am not sure whether we should continue providing sheet music now that IMSLP is back up. Need to discuss with Robert.

Terez wrote:
So, since I suck at playing piano,

Hey, anybody can claim that. Prove it ! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:13 am 

techneut wrote:
Yes some items are missing, probably because nobody had recorded them yet at the time. I am not sure whether we should continue providing sheet music now that IMSLP is back up.

Probably not. Do they still link to here? I thought it wasn't back up yet, but now that I know it is...well, Robert changed the links to IMSLP ones quick enough last time. :D

Chris wrote:
Terez wrote:
So, since I suck at playing piano,

Hey, anybody can claim that. Prove it ! :lol:

haha, I will one day, once I can afford the equipment I need to prove it. :? :lol: