Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Stress, Venting, Punching Bag
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:47 pm 

How do you vent your anger / frustration / stress?

Have you ever become so angry that you cannot do anything (let alone play music?)

I get so angry / frustrated sometimes that I feel like throwing some heavy implement or breaking something.

The scary part is that I don't know what is causing these outbursts of anger.

I just don't want to take it too far and hurt someone by throwing a chair.

Anyways it will be interesting to read how you deal with the annoying things in life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:44 pm 

*********************************************************************************
Endeavoring to spare undeserving forum members from some of my overabundant verbosity.

Last edited by Nicole on Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:46 pm 

Solutions :

http://www.annhudspeth.com/simmer/simmer_1.wav

http://www.annhudspeth.com/simmer/simmer_2.wav

http://www.annhudspeth.com/simmer/simmer_3.wav

http://www.annhudspeth.com/simmer/simmer_4.wav

http://www.annhudspeth.com/simmer/simmer_yell.wav

http://www.annhudspeth.com/simmer/simmer_garth.wav

http://www.annhudspeth.com/simmer/simmer_simmmmmm.wav

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:18 pm 
Site Admin

Wow - things are kind of goofy here today.
That was really funny!

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:37 pm 

Last edited by Nicole on Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:46 pm 
Site Admin

Oh, Nicole - that's even funnier! :lol:

(juufa - you should definitely try this one.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:24 pm 

I can't pound out D-chords on a wobbly old keyboard.

I am interested in how all of you vent.

I have my ways but I am not at liberty to say. Though sometimes the "ways" are not always fruitful in venting my frustration and or anger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:23 am 

Actually... venting is really bad for you.

Recent studies have shown that by venting, eg. punching a pillow, yelling loudly, etc. you are more likely to have feelings of revenge and resentment later on against whatever angered you.

That's why I generally just go take a nap. It makes me feel better, and I forget all about my anger when I wake up.

"This is death! This is death as this emanation of the female which leads to unification ... death and love ... this is the abyss." This is not music", said [Sabaneev] to him, "this is something else..." - "This is the Mysterium," he said softly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:23 am 
Site Admin

It seems very dangerous to me that people not only have frustrations and anger without knowing why, but are also not able to handle them. This is a major reason why awful things happen in the world. I hate to say this, but I would not feel comfortable in your company now (seeing also your fascination with gun toting).

Rather than venting, I'd seek to find out where these feelings come from. There must be a reason somewhere, unless it is a genetic thing (let's hope it is not that).

Post subject: Re: Stress, Venting, Punching Bag
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:06 pm 

**********************************************************************************
Sparing undeserving victims from my forum verbosity.

Last edited by Nicole on Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:12 am 

I run, a lot. :lol:

What gets me annoyed the most is stupid celebrities and the paparazzi that follow them like inebriated vultures. They grate on my nerves like steel wool and lemon juice. Don't get me started on politics.:x

Ah, yes. Running is sweet. I have a treadmill for when it's too hot or too rainy or too cold (which is almost never). I love/hate the contraption. Lucky, today the weather was nice. Just above freezing this morning, I made 10 miles in my shorts and a sweatshirt. A bit of a sunburn is my only bruise.

Exercise has got to be THE best way to overcome anger, anxiety, insomnia and just about anything else that ails ye. Hell, if I didn't run I'd be nuttier than a...you know.

PF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:50 am 

In response to Nicole/JG's posts:

I agree, a docs office is a good place to be if one has doubts, at any level, about one's health. I also agree that medication of any kind needs to be a last resort instead of a "permanent" solution. This is true whether you have high cholesterol (which can be almost always reversed with the right diet), insomnia, anemia or a hormonal imbalance. BTW, I've had and corrected all the aforementioned conditions through lifestyle changes. Of course, my advice is not uniformly applicable!

I have S.A.D. This causes insomnia. This is not so awful, but...
The insomnia became chronic and eventually caused anemia and low testosterone not to mention anxiety.
My diet was so-so, so the cholesterol went up. We can see a domino-effect here.
I got tired so I couldn't run like I wanted to, so I gained weight and got depressed. :lol:

I realized not sleeping was the root of the problem. So I did research as to how to go about fixing myself.

As soon as I learned how to fix insomnia with light instead of drugs, my sleepless nights became fewer and fewer.
Since I was better rested, I had more energy.
More energy meant more exercise.
More exercise made me lose body-fat.
Losing body-fat made me happy.
Being happy made me be more proactive about my diet. (Being happy also made others more eager to be around me!)
Eating a better diet lowered my cholesterol and corrected my hormones (yes, diet can do that!)

It took a year, but the sum-total of all those changes has left me feeling like a 16 year-old again.
(Luckily, I still play piano like a 28 year-old.)

The moral is: Oftentimes, we are the virus and the cure.
PF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:22 am 

Techneut: Sure I have guns. But I am not stupid. Don't fall into the anti-firearm liberal hysteria that every person with a gun will, at a drop of a dime, shoot everyone on sight. Besides, I prefer my fists :wink: :lol:

Allow to rephrase because to me it seems that every response is addressing that I am angry all the time. I am not.

Everyone has a pet peeve. My pet peeves are common occurances (gum chewing, biting on fingernails, pen clicking, etc. Everything commonly done in a classroom). After a while it builds and I feel like throwing a desk.

I exercise Monday through Thursday for 1.5 hours of intense, heavy weightlifting. It works and helps.

Maybe I am too picky with my pet peeves and just need to accept the fact that people are annoying!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:01 am 

I hope sarcasm isn't one of your pet-peeves or else I'm in trouble. :lol:

But I'm seriously...

Yeah, accepting the fact that people are annoying was a big one for me, too. But, I've never felt rage as far as I can tell. In fact, I never get angry. NEVER!!!
Just remember, there's no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people.

(Please don't punch me.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:43 am 

Yeah, one of my pet peeves is definitely unintelligent people, though. As heartless as it sounds, it just really angers me when I see my peers in school not know something, and then not even pursue the knowledge. I guess that comes from being an OCD over-acheiving freak...

Don't worry juufa, though, because I'm really stressed out too! Yay! Stress is pretty much one of the words that defines my life. I don't really ever scream or punch something, though, and I agree with demonic_advent that doing those things can hurt more than they help. Never knew that venting was bad though. In a way I vent to the piano, and the piano is truly the only way I can ever relieve stress. However, rather than pounding out chords, I play slow, soft pieces. That's why I love Chopin so much. No matter how crappy I feel, I can release most of my negative emotions through playing a nocturne, mazurka, waltz, etc. Come to think of it the ballades might even be better de-stressers.

Pretty much every day of my life I feel miserable and depressed, but whenever I play the piano, those feelings evaporate, and hearing the beauty of music calms me down and lets me release my frustrations into a non-human medium. My parents are always asking me if I can tell them what's wrong or why I'm so upset, but I'd much rather express my emotions through the piano than my voice.

I don't really see any noticeable effects on me from my stress. I might look anorexic or something, but that's just my genes. Actually, I have slept very little in the last few months. I can't really ever stop worrying about anything. And the emotional/mental impacts of stress are big as well. I guess that's where the sadness/depression comes from.

Also (as if this post isn't long enough already), I notice that I'm always stressed out and unhappy, and yet my friends seem to have perfect lives, where they have no crap to deal with like I do. Does this happen to anyone else?

All in all, thank God for the piano!

P.S. Wow, I just totally vented. Stupid me :cry: .

"When one does a thing, it appears good, otherwise one would not write it. Only later comes reflection, and one discards or accepts the thing. Time is the best censor, and patience a most excellent teacher." - Frédéric Chopin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:57 am 

chopinman0901 wrote:
Yeah, one of my pet peeves is definitely unintelligent people, though. As heartless as it sounds, it just really angers me when I see my peers in school not know something, and then not even pursue the knowledge. I guess that comes from being an OCD over-acheiving freak...

Don't worry juufa, though, because I'm really stressed out too! Yay! Stress is pretty much one of the words that defines my life. I don't really ever scream or punch something, though, and I agree with demonic_advent that doing those things can hurt more than they help. Never knew that venting was bad though. In a way I vent to the piano, and the piano is truly the only way I can ever relieve stress. However, rather than pounding out chords, I play slow, soft pieces. That's why I love Chopin so much. No matter how crappy I feel, I can release most of my negative emotions through playing a nocturne, mazurka, waltz, etc. Come to think of it the ballades might even be better de-stressers.

Pretty much every day of my life I feel miserable and depressed, but whenever I play the piano, those feelings evaporate, and hearing the beauty of music calms me down and lets me release my frustrations into a non-human medium. My parents are always asking me if I can tell them what's wrong or why I'm so upset, but I'd much rather express my emotions through the piano than my voice.

I don't really see any noticeable effects on me from my stress. I might look anorexic or something, but that's just my genes. Actually, I have slept very little in the last few months. I can't really ever stop worrying about anything. And the emotional/mental impacts of stress are big as well. I guess that's where the sadness/depression comes from.

Also (as if this post isn't long enough already), I notice that I'm always stressed out and unhappy, and yet my friends seem to have perfect lives, where they have no crap to deal with like I do. Does this happen to anyone else?

Believe me, we ALL have crap to deal with. Example: the upcoming presidential election in the U.S.; here's who we have to vote for:

Clinton, a Stalinist zealot
Obama, a wide-eyed foreign policy virgin
McCain, an emotionally damaged pit-bull
and...Huckabee Wait, wait...let me get my banjo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:11 am 

PJF wrote:
chopinman0901 wrote:

Believe me, we ALL have crap to deal with. Example: the upcoming presidential election in the U.S.; here's who we have to vote for:

Clinton, a Stalinist zealot
Obama, a wide-eyed foreign policy virgin
McCain, an emotionally damaged pit-bull
and...Huckabee Wait, wait...let me get my banjo.

Please... for the love of all that is good in the world, do not mention Mike Huckabee...
I'm so nervous that McCain's gonna die tommorrow, and Huckabee's gonna somehow pull ahead to victory... oh God... If he gets elected, I'm moving to Spain. 'Nuff said.

"This is death! This is death as this emanation of the female which leads to unification ... death and love ... this is the abyss." This is not music", said [Sabaneev] to him, "this is something else..." - "This is the Mysterium," he said softly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:40 am 

Oh man, I almost throw up every time I hear Huckabee's name. You're only moving to Spain? I think I'm moving out of the solar system.

Yeah, I know what you mean about us all having crap to deal with. But I feel like there's crap and then some for me. Does it seem like the normal amount of things to deal with when I have to deal with extreme self-pressure to be ranked number one in my class, both of my parents having cancer, and on top of that having to hide the fact that I'm gay from everyone (except for you guys now) and dealing with it at the same time? Oh, and I didn't ask that question in an angry way in case you think I did. I'm just saying that everyone might have stuff to deal with, but some might have more than others. Some people's biggest stress comes from deciding what to wear, while it's a lot more complicated for others.

"When one does a thing, it appears good, otherwise one would not write it. Only later comes reflection, and one discards or accepts the thing. Time is the best censor, and patience a most excellent teacher." - Frédéric Chopin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:31 am 
Site Admin

juufa72 wrote:
Techneut: Sure I have guns. But I am not stupid. Don't fall into the anti-firearm liberal hysteria that every person with a gun will, at a drop of a dime, shoot everyone on sight. Besides, I prefer my fists :wink: :lol:

I never implied you are stupid - we know you aren't.
And the cultural difference between USA and Europe with respect to firearms can hardly be bridged. We call Americans gun-toting cowboys and they call us liberal weenies. I guess it's a draw.

Still, the combination of guns and unaccountable rage fits seems dangerous to me - a thing one would want to keep well under control. It's only one step up from using fists to using guns - well maybe several steps, but there is a path. As long as your anger is not personally directed to a person or group/class of persons, it may not be a problem at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:07 pm 
Site Admin

It's Valentines Day. Go kiss somebody. Maybe that will make you feel better. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:22 pm 

pianolady wrote:
It's Valentines Day. Go kiss somebody. Maybe that will make you feel better. :)

(To fill in for the absence of Nathan Coleman): What's your address? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:14 pm 
:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:50 pm 

Techneut: I never take my anger out on a person or a group of people. I don't use scapegoats for my wrath. Somehow I found that taking a walk out in the fields and screaming helps a little bit (that, and as mentioned before, lifting heavy things).

I sense that most of you don't anger quickly or to the extent at which venting is required? Is this correct?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:36 pm 

**********************************************************************************
Will spare you from my verbosity.
N

Last edited by Nicole on Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:45 pm 

I rarely burst into rage, really. When I do it's usually because something or someone just keeps annoying me ( like the phone. People just can't seem to leave me alone! ). I usually just think to myself "there's no point in getting enraged just because of the phone.". However, if I get really angry I start to swear a lot for about 20 seconds and I usually feel like smashing the ( damned ) thing against a wall. I've never actually wrecked anything while I was angry though. Also, I usually only get angry when I'm all alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:19 pm 
Site Admin

juufa72 wrote:
I sense that most of you don't anger quickly or to the extent at which venting is required? Is this correct?

I guess everybody at times has the (passing) need to slam a door, blaspheme, or snap at somebody. That is only natural, and mostly for a specific - if often petty - reason. Not sure if this can be called anger. It's supposed to pass quickly without the need to physically vent it out. I think this is the 'normal' way in which most people deal with the annoyances of life. If you get more angry/frustrated than that, there may be something else that you have potted up for too long. There must be a reason to be found for it - unless it's just plain old hormones having their way. In which case you perhaps will grow out of it yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:01 am 

:) I told you already, :? I don't get angry :x EVER. :evil: :lol:

Yes, I'm very slow to annoy. Just when I think I could lose my temper, I crack a stupid joke and laugh at myself. I guess my default demeanor is super-calm. If I'm a little vexed about whatever, I run or walk a few more miles. Exercise is vital, I agree. Proper diet helps the mood enormously, too.

PF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:35 am 
Site Admin

Juufa and Chopinman: Stress is a major factor as far as your health is concerned. Studies show that stress actually causes sickness and disease. My own sister is dealing with cancer right now which was no doubt brought on by the bad family situation she is currently dealing with. So you must try things like meditation or yoga, listening to soft music, playing piano, or just watch movies that will take your mind off of things. Pete's idea of running so as to work/sweat out your anger is good, also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:19 pm 

Just pray about it; Jesus will make it all better. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:45 pm 
Site Admin

PJF wrote:
Yes, I'm very slow to annoy. Just when I think I could lose my temper, I crack a stupid joke and laugh at myself.

I won't say I am slow to annoy, but being able to take the p*ss of myself does work wonders on occasion. I can sometimes have a hearty laugh at my own stupidity (and that of others, to be honest :lol: ).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:30 pm 

Terez wrote:

That's cold! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:50 am 

PJF wrote:
Terez wrote:

That's cold! :lol:

...and so it begins

off topic, again :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:54 am 
Site Admin

Oh, J - Don't let it anger you. Just call the off-topic policeman. And tell him not to forget the handcuffs. :lol: (just another Nathan-ism, or is it mine? :lol: :lol:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:13 pm 

About dietary stress-reducers...
There are a few foods I find extremely effective at maintaining calm. The first would have to be salmon. I'm not overly versed on the chemistry of it but I do know, when eaten with some regularity (more than three times a week) my mood is invariably pleasant. The fatty acids DHA and EPA in the fish reduce stress hormones including cortisol, improve cholesterol ratio and reduce the stickiness of your blood, leading to a drop in heart attack risk. Anecdotally, I feel my joints and muscles are more flexible, accompanied by a noticeable improvement at the piano. All that and a great source of protein. So, eat your fish! :lol:

Tomatoes (especially tomato paste) are saturated with lycopene, a potent antioxidant. Early studies show a decrease in muscle fatigue after intense exercise, along with an increase in post-workout recovery rate. Lycopene also appears to increase the skin's resistance to UV light. (People in the study ate 70 grams of tomato paste a day for three months. It's pretty good on toast.) :?

Citrus fruits, need I say more?

Ginger. Nothing wakes you up in the a.m. like a throat-searing shot of fresh ginger juice. Definitely not for the feint of heart, the juice (which is delicious in lemonade, BTW) has potent anti-inflammatory properties.

I could go on forever...skim milk, brown rice, olive oil, red bell peppers, green lima beans, steel cut oats, canola oil, dark chocolate, avocado, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, cantaloupe, cherries, the odd glass of red wine, celery, yogurt, green tea, flax oil, beans of any kind, tuna, garlic, what else....sushi! (gag)

IMO, diet is THE most important variable in the wellness equation. If I neglect mine, life's stresses become far less tolerable.

Anyone else notice diet's effect on stress or piano playing in general?

Pete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:43 pm 

I eat decently. Absolutely no fast foods, soda (pop depending on where you live in the US :evil: ---if outside the US, then let's just call it 'carbonated sugar water'), junk foods are minimum.

The only bad thing about my diet is that I carb-load in the morning (mmmmm cereal yummy!) when, instead, I should be pounding down the protein.

I too eat lots of salmon because the Old War Horse (father) and I go fishing on Lake Michigan. We have too much salmon in our freezer.

It's always interesting to see how the "little things" make the difference between raging over a lost penny and simply asking the parents for 1cent :wink: :lol: (anyone get the pun?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:07 pm 

PJF wrote:
What gets me annoyed the most is stupid celebrities and the paparazzi that follow them like inebriated vultures.

Vice versa, here celebrities (and politicians) follow Papa Ratzy.

Alfonso Bertazzi, amateur pianist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:06 pm 

And that's the real reason why our ancestors moved over here, of course...to get as far from papa as possible. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:17 am 

juufa72 wrote:
I eat decently. Absolutely no fast foods, soda (pop depending on where you live in the US :evil: ---if outside the US, then let's just call it 'carbonated sugar water'), junk foods are minimum.

The only bad thing about my diet is that I carb-load in the morning (mmmmm cereal yummy!) when, instead, I should be pounding down the protein.

I too eat lots of salmon because the Old War Horse (father) and I go fishing on Lake Michigan. We have too much salmon in our freezer.

It's always interesting to see how the "little things" make the difference between raging over a lost penny and simply asking the parents for 1cent :wink: :lol: (anyone get the pun?)

Oh my! A freezer full of salmon is my dream come true! If I want the fresh stuff way down south, I have to pay 12.99/lb. I wonder what John Robson has to pay, the poor sod. Needless to say, canned is usually how I get it.

Indeed, junk food is just that. Junk. It should be treated as all other junk and put into a local trash receptacle. Don't get me started on trans-fat! Isn't hydrogenated oil banned from much of the EU food supply? When will we Americans follow suit? (When the majority of a nation's populous having heart disease becomes perceived (correctly) as socioeconomic suicide, that's when.)
:roll:

ANYWAY...I was very stressed out today. So I ran my tri-monthly long run, 12 miles one way, 12 miles back. Of course, I failed to take note of the wind, S@30mph. So (running north) I had a 30mph tailwind going out and, you guessed it, a 30mph headwind coming home. Yikes. So, my day ended with my stress-reliever (running) becoming a BEEOTCH of a stress inducer. Ah, you know what they say, whatever doesn't kill ya....and I feel more than half dead already. I may be ready to begin training for that ultra-marathon I've been fantasizing about these past few years....I'll send pictures! (BEFORE Hell freezes over.) :lol:

PS I don't get the pun, Juufa (how did you get that name?) lol:

Anyhoo, that's a wee bit o' the rant for ye lads 'n' lassies.

Pete out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:26 am 

It has been rather windy lately. I was in NO earlier today (yesterday?) and it was just as windy there as here in Hattiesburg. At least it's not as cold as it was when it first got windy about a week ago. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:04 am 
Site Admin

Well, guess what? We are going to get more snow this week! It's been our snowiest winter in about 30 years, or something like that. And it always snows during the middle of the night. My husband leaves for work early in the morning and does not have time to clear the driveway. So I get to do it. He says, "just use the snow-blower." hahaha I try but the darn thing weighs more than I do and when I do get it turned on, I can't get it to go in a straight line. That's why I then use a regular, old shovel. This is my 'running' or 'exercising' time, as it is really physically hard work. At least I lost the five pounds I gained from the holidays.

Oh, and I saw a robin the other day. Made me very, very glad since that is our annual sure sign that Spring is coming.

And Pete, you sound like an Irish leprechaun. Getting ready for St. Patrick's day? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (that green smiley is the closest thing we have to a leprechaun)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:20 pm 

Quote:
the darn thing weighs more than I do and when I do get it turned on, I can't get it to go in a straight line.

Come on Nathan, the joke writes itself!

Where's my pot o' gold?!? (That would relieve some stress. :P )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:11 pm 

Quote:
the darn thing weighs more than I do and when I do get it turned on, I can't get it to go in a straight line.

Ha-ha I get it! That reminds me of the signature that I once had:

Foolish man gives wife a grand piano; wise man gives her upright organ.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:42 pm 
Site Admin

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I get it now, too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:37 pm 

Well, I've nothing on which to vent today, tomorrow or probably the next day as I am paralyzed from the waist down, due to running for three and a half hours headlong into a gale yesterday. Dee-Dee-Dee! (Ow.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:15 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Dee-Dee-Dee! (Ow.)

I do not get that.

Quote:
as I am paralyzed from the waist down,

Guess my snow blower and I can't turn you on then. :lol: (cracking myself up)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:23 am 

pianolady wrote:
Quote:
Dee-Dee-Dee! (Ow.)

I do not get that.

Quote:
as I am paralyzed from the waist down,

Guess my snow blower and I can't turn you on then. :lol: (cracking myself up)

It's worth a try?

PS dee dee dee! is an interjection meaning "i'm a total retard" Ow means "ow my legs are on fire"