Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Cubs Win!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:42 am 
Site Admin

Sorry Juufa, but this is a happy night in Chicago. :) Holy cow!

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:12 am 

I'm going to the Cubs vs. Reds game tomorrow with my college's glee club (that i'm accompanywhatever...). and it'll be TELEVISED...but we're not singing.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:05 pm 

I don't like you anymore Ms. Monica.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:43 pm 
Site Admin

Oh, Julius! But you must understand how rare this occasion is for us Cubs fans. In case you don't know, there has been a curse on us for about 100 years. So now we are in the playoffs, but there's much more to do and nervous times ahead. Milwaukee is close so why don't you become a temporary Cubs fan. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:05 pm 

pianolady wrote:
Oh, Julius! But you must understand how rare this occasion is for us Cubs fans. In case you don't know, there has been a curse on us for about 100 years. So now we are in the playoffs, but there's much more to do and nervous times ahead. Milwaukee is close so why don't you become a temporary Cubs fan. :)

With all due respect, I don't consider Baseball a sport for two reasons: for 80% of the game time the players are either sitting in a dug-out or standing out in a field. 2) What other career lets the employee operate at 20% effiecency? Do this little experiment: go to work on monday and only complete 20-25% of what you are assigned. I wonder how long you will last :idea:

You can hoot and holller all you want, but keep this in mind: Wisconsin has THE greatest quarterback of all time...and what do the bears have? Grossman. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:44 pm 
Site Admin

In Sweden, and probably in the other countries in Europe, nobody plays baseball. There isn't even a league as far as I know. It is a US/Canada sport I guess. The reason I posted this? Well, I often get a feeling that you US guys do not know much about the world outside. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:19 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
and what do the bears have? Grossman.

Ok, you got me there. :x :)

Quote:
I often get a feeling that you US guys do not know much about the world outside.

Well, maybe we can make a game out of it :?: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:43 pm 

robert wrote:
In Sweden, and probably in the other countries in Europe, nobody plays baseball. There isn't even a league as far as I know. It is a US/Canada sport I guess. The reason I posted this? Well, I often get a feeling that you US guys do not know much about the world outside. :twisted:

Don't forget Japan. They are hardcore baseball players. Oh and the entire Central American countries (i.e. Panama, Honduras etc.) they are passionate about baseball.

I guess we americans don't know much outside our little corner of the world. Oh, Mr. Robert, I forgot could you please tell me where Sweden is again? Isn't it just south of Germany? You know, a little landlocked alpine country famous for it's chocolate :wink: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:00 pm 

lol...it's hard to remain ignorant of the world at large for long when you spend a lot of time on the internet.

"Where did these guys come from and who taught them English?? Grrrr!" :lol:

It seems most of my non-English European friends tend to be from the Scandinavian countries and the Netherlands. I wonder why that is...

Oh, and Brett Favre graduated from my school (University of Southern Mississippi), and grew up about 30 minutes from my house. ;)