Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:07 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: hi...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:44 am 
...greetings...totally new and uninitiated...i must say...wow...first impressions like this one are enough to warrant involvement in a global society...

so i'll get going...i haven't been able to locate any articles on Raymond Thiberge or Harold Taylor...if anyone has had dealings with either source or related material please make yourself known...i will attempt more searches in any case...yes yes i know 'google' has all the info...but it's first hand experience that i am looking for.....theodor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:27 am 
Site Admin

Welcome Theodor! I am sure you will like it in here. Regarding Raymond Thiberge, I have not much information but for that he has been writing a book regarding piano technique.

Post subject: indeed..
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:40 pm 
Raymond Thiberge was a blind piano pedagogue who realised that the success of some students and the frustrations of others who were conscientous etc and whose results did not match their input and passion must have a a reason other that "NON-TALENT"...so he embarked on a journey...
The studies of Alexander who discovered the ALexander Technique were miraculously in line with Thiberge although thye never met...

The book 'The Pianist's Talent' explores a revolutionary relationship that exists bewteen performer and his instrument which has as underlying philosophy the refusal to regard the fingers as agents of tone production...

Just as(and this is my 50 cents worth) the keys are not the "vocal chords" of the instrument...