Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:26 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Wedding pianist
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:00 am 
Site Admin

I am off from Thursday to Monday to a wedding for a friend of mine who married a Norwegian girl and will be the pianist for the wedding. A couple of Chopin Nocturnes and waltzes, some "Bo Kasper" jazz music and other accompaniment fall on my duty. Wish me luck because I will need it ;).

A 12 hours drive to get there and another 12 hour home. A lot time to talk to my wife :).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:46 am 
Site Admin

Robert, reading your post made me think of something that may help while talking with your wife in those many hours of 'togetherness'. It's actually something all men should read.

And good luck with the wedding.

9 Words/Phrases Women Use

1.) Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

2.) Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

3.) Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.

4.) Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

5.) Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing.
(Refer back to #3 for the meaning of nothing.)

6.) That's Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

7.) Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you're welcome.

8.) Whatever: Is a women's way of saying F@!K YOU!

9.) Don't worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking 'What's wrong?. For the woman's response refer to #3.

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:51 am 

That's why you just don't talk to women or your wife. Do what you have to do....and never ever make eye contact on the moody days, unless you feel like having your ears ruptured by high pitch screaming!

Good luck on the wedding gig. Please do not play "I shot the Sheriff" :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:25 pm 

Good luck, the hardest part will be the drive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:08 am 
Site Admin

Hehe. How true Monica and I'll take the advice. Yes the drive will be hardest, playing the piano is something I do regularly anyway. The only difference is that I now have people listening but I guess most people will not notice if I do anything wrong.