Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:20 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Help! Edirol sound card
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:29 pm 

I can't record because my Edirol says the sound card is full. I deleted everything from the sound card, but can only record about 4 or 5 minutes and it stops. Then the same message: sound card full. I reformatted the sound card to see if that would help but the same thing happens. Do I need a new sound card? Do they wear out after a few months or what? Help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:19 pm 
Site Admin

That is a very strange problem. I never bother to delete files (too fiddly) but I always format the card before any recording session, and never had something like this. Always works fine. I don't believe memory cards wear out, or if they do at all, certainly not so soon.

It could be that your card has rather small storage, and that you accidentally switched to the lowest compression (24-bit WAV) and that makes it go full quickly.

Post subject: Edirol
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:02 pm 

Thanks, Chris. I must have inadvertently changed the settings. I would never do it purposely since I don't know anything about that stuff. It was on WAV and I switched it to MP3 and recorded the Italian Concerto. When you hear the Italian Concerto, you may wish you hadn't helped me. :lol:

Post subject: Re: Edirol
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:17 pm 
Site Admin

John Robson wrote:
Thanks, Chris. I must have inadvertently changed the settings. I would never do it purposely since I don't know anything about that stuff. It was on WAV and I switched it to MP3

You must be using the default 64Mb memory card that comes with the Edirol. I would recommend that you buy a bigger one, 1Gb or so. Another tip, you can lock the settings by using the LOCK button so you can't accidentally change them.

John Robson wrote:
and recorded the Italian Concerto. When you hear the Italian Concerto, you may wish you hadn't helped me. :lol:

Well, it can only be better than mine :lol: