Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:53 pm 

Quote:
Yes and in the user list I see that we have a great many lurkers (people who read but never or seldom post).

lol, that'd be me! :lol: i love coming to the forum and reading all the excellent stuff posted. I just don't have a whole lot of excellent stuff to say. (plus school/auditions are keeping me busy enough to not be able to listen anything critically in the audition room).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:54 pm 
Site Admin

joeisapiano wrote:
I just don't have a whole lot of excellent stuff to say.

Well that has never stopped any of us here :lol: Just post some BS and keep the forum alive...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:03 pm 

techneut wrote:
joeisapiano wrote:
I just don't have a whole lot of excellent stuff to say.

Well that has never stopped any of us here :lol: Just post some BS and keep the forum alive...

Muahahahaha :twisted: ....Should I post my 2,312 photographs from my trip to Europe in `06? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:10 pm 
Site Admin

juufa72 wrote:
Muahahahaha :twisted: ....Should I post my 2,312 photographs from my trip to Europe in `06? :wink:

Good lord... you must be like the Japanese, just walking around shooting pics instead of looking around. It always gets me, the way they walk around Rome looking at nothing except the display of their cameras.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:13 pm 

techneut wrote:
juufa72 wrote:

Good lord... you must be like the Japanese, just walking around shooting pics instead of looking around. It always gets me, the way they walk around Rome looking at nothing except the display of their cameras.

{OT...I think?} Actually I have a Digital SLR so I can take 6 pictures in one second. So I spent lots of time looking around....I don't have that lag which all other digital cameras have. :D PM me if you want to see the shots I managed to pull off in the Red Light district without anyone ever noticing :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:41 am 

techneut wrote:
juufa72 wrote:

OMG, you're so politically incorrect, Chris! That's what I like about ya!

You should see the Canadian tourists in my little town, with their fanny packs and puffy hairdos, always pointing toward the sky for some reason, as though there's something of interest up there. I think they like our pigeons.

Or how about those South-Carolinians with thier "git'r'done!" and doolies plastered with dixie flags.

Don't get me started on those big-nosed, penny-pinching j.....never mind. :lol:

And what's the deal with people who ride their bikes on the walking track in the park? It's a track for WALKING. Otherwise it would be called a BIKE track. You know there's a thing for bikes, it's called a road.

And what's up with those little plastic flaps on coffee lids; if you don't want to burn yourself on hot coffee then you shouldn't be driving with it!

I hope I locked up the nomination for most random post ever!

Pete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:10 am 
Site Admin

PJF wrote:
OMG, you're so politically incorrect, Chris! That's what I like about ya!

Hahahah... Being PC is an American Thing. Us uncouth Europeans have no truck with it.

PJF wrote:
Or how about those South-Carolinians with thier "git'r'done!" and doolies plastered with dixie flags.

Oh I know.... irritating sods. Our little burg was swamped with 'em again last summer. Always glad when the tourist season is over.

PJF wrote:
You know there's a thing for bikes, it's called a road.

Don't be daft. Roads are for cars. Bikes should just be forbidden :wink:

PJF wrote:
I hope I locked up the nomination for most random post ever!

Sure thing. If your name was Ed and not Pete, I'd call you Ed Random from now on :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:10 am 

techneut wrote:
PJF wrote:
You know there's a thing for bikes, it's called a road.

Don't be daft. Roads are for cars. Bikes should just be forbidden :wink:

Ha! The Dutch would sure have lots of scrap metal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:35 pm 
Site Admin

I just have to tell you all - Last night, I discovered that I can listen to music through my computer speakers with head phones connected. I can't believe I never knew that, before. All this time, I've been waiting for my family to wake up so I wouldn't disturb them when all along I could have just plugged in the ear phones. Man, sometimes it takes me so long to figure things out. You should have seen my family's faces when I told them about this. My husband even mentioned the 'blonde' thing - Ugh!

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:15 pm 
Site Admin

Ahahhaaaaaa... :lol:
Mind you that could happen to women of any hair color :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:47 am 
Site Admin

Here's another one. My computer finally croaked, bit the dust, gave up the ship, you know...died. So I had to buy a new one. I now have so many new features and have spent two days trying to learn it all. But one good thing - I connected my old speakers to my new computer and now they sound very good. Before, things sounded a bit muffled, and I mentioned several times that I couldn't hear some dynamic changes, or too much reverb. Everything now sounds so good that I may have to re-listen to all of your recordings and comment all over again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:16 pm 

pianolady wrote:
Here's another one. My computer finally croaked, bit the dust, gave up the ship, you know...died. So I had to buy a new one. I now have so many new features and have spent two days trying to learn it all. But one good thing - I connected my old speakers to my new computer and now they sound very good. Before, things sounded a bit muffled, and I mentioned several times that I couldn't hear some dynamic changes, or too much reverb. Everything now sounds so good that I may have to re-listen to all of your recordings and comment all over again.

It's because your new computer probably has a better sound card. It really has nothing to do with your speakers. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:08 pm 
Site Admin

I know, Juufa. That's what I was trying to say. My son told me the same thing.