Prelude in E minor - My first composition

Discuss all aspects of composing, upload compositions, and discuss uploaded compositions.

Moderators: pianolady, techneut, robert

Prelude in E minor - My first composition

Postby skinkken » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:34 pm

Last week I composed this prelude with Musescore. I made it almost completely with computer before trying it with piano. After about 10 hours it was almost ready. Over the course of few next days I improved some parts, made a cleaner sheet music and made a better version for listening (adding slow downs and more accurate dynamics to Musescore). This is pretty hard, so it will take a while before I can play it well (and I know there are better players too, better pianos and better microphones), so I made a listening version. I know it's completely different computer playing it than human, but this is what I have got now. I'll upload sheet music when it's ready. Feedback is welcome. Things may still change.

This is my first composition. Enjoy. :)

UPDATE: There is now a recording ready, in which I play this piece. It's not very high quality, but you get the idea what it could sound played on piano. My performance was not amazing either.
UPDATE2: Youtube video of me playing this. There are mistakes. It was an one try live audience performance. ...

Edit: Here you are:

Return to “Composing”