Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:25 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Compositions
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:11 pm 

Hi,

I'm a piano composer, if you'd like to hear some of my work, please visit my youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/CapoProductionz

Capo Productions

Post subject: Re: Compositions
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:02 pm 
Site Admin

This is a classical piano forum. Why do people keep posting/linking all kind of poppy stuff ?
I'm not saying your music is bad. It's probably great, if you like that sort of thing.
It's just not our cup of tea. Good luck !

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:23 pm 
Site Admin

And the word "Classical" is all over our site! :roll:

I don't have time to listen to any of this stuff, but if it's like that one new-age composer that I love (saying that sarcastically) (the last names starts with an E or an I - can't remember now)then forget it anyway...

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:02 pm 
I listened to "Enchantment," or the first 15 seconds of it. Maybe I should have guessed what kind of music you produce with the name "CapoProductionz" no offense.

In my opinion your music, while certainly relaxing and light on the ears, has little intricacy or depth melodically/harmonically to put it mildly. I think I remember reading a thread not long ago by a member who said that it was easy to spot amateur composers. They do not stray from the 1-4-5 progressions.

And so it is with your pieces. There are moments of delight, but this is commercial stuff that lacks technical complexity and while a Chopin Etude will command my attention, with many unexpected switches and tricky countings, this stuff you have posted on your youtube page is like the "Solitude" collection. (the piano riffs played against the sound of waves crashing against a seashore)

If you are interested in writing read "classical" piano music I would suggest studying the works of Beethoven, Shubert with a qualified music theory teacher at a university.

I would personally LOVE to take a course in compositional studies at Julliard, or even from within this forum, Mr. Froschhammer, but it takes money, so you have to be prepared before you just jump in. I guess it goes without saying...

Best

Jack