Here is number 6 in my piano album, "Moments":

For Beatrice:
http://www.box.net/shared/zhtuixnemd

Hope you like it!

André

Post subject: Re: "Moments" no. 7: For Beatrice
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:43 pm 
Site Admin

An endearing piece with its echoes (or so I suppose) of Schumann.

I wish you would not post all these items separately - makes commenting on them a bit tedious !

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:05 am 

I have a question. Regarding the title "for beatrice" did you intend it to be similar to "fur elise." I liked the piece, a quaint melody that was lite on the ears, but much more than parlor music, imo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:40 am 

techneut wrote:
An endearing piece with its echoes (or so I suppose) of Schumann.

I wish you would not post all these items separately - makes commenting on them a bit tedious !

Hi, techneut!
I hear a lot that all the "Moments" where For Beatrice is a part of do remember of Schumann. I like this comment because I love his music. I never try to imitate any composer though. Sorry for posting all of them so fast, I think it was a mistake but I blame it at my over enthusiasm! I put so much work in all the 13 pieces and now the collection is finally finished I like to post them as much as possible. Hope it's OK.

thanks!
André

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:43 am 

pianoman342 wrote:
I have a question. Regarding the title "For Beatrice" did you intend it to be similar to "fur elise." I liked the piece, a quaint melody that was lite on the ears, but much more than parlor music, imo

Hi, pianoman342.
First, thanks for the compliment that you like the music, it's always great to hear that! For the title, no, I didn't even think of Fur Elise when I gave it this title. I wrote it when one of our friends got a baby and the baby's name is Beatrice.

André

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:06 am 
Site Admin

AndreasvanHaren wrote:
I hear a lot that all the "Moments" where For Beatrice is a part of do remember of Schumann. I like this comment because I love his music. I never try to imitate any composer though.

No, it doesn't come across at imitation, rather as an inspiration and maybe role model. One could have worse models.
Luckily, these days nobody frowns when you write music that harks back to music of tha past.

AndreasvanHaren wrote:
Sorry for posting all of them so fast, I think it was a mistake but I blame it at my over enthusiasm! I put so much work in all the 13 pieces and now the collection is finally finished I like to post them as much as possible. Hope it's OK.

Yah sure. But what I meant is that it's inconvenient that you create a new topic for each item, so that now I'll need to post a comment in 10 different topics. You should have created one topic and post the items in that topic, either in bulk or one by one. You can still do that (and delete all the old topics), if you want them to go on the site. Makes life much easier for the poor admins :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:10 am 

techneut wrote:
AndreasvanHaren wrote:
I hear a lot that all the "Moments" where For Beatrice is a part of do remember of Schumann. I like this comment because I love his music. I never try to imitate any composer though.

No, it doesn't come across at imitation, rather as an inspiration and maybe role model. One could have worse models.
Luckily, these days nobody frowns when you write music that harks back to music of tha past.

AndreasvanHaren wrote:
Sorry for posting all of them so fast, I think it was a mistake but I blame it at my over enthusiasm! I put so much work in all the 13 pieces and now the collection is finally finished I like to post them as much as possible. Hope it's OK.

Yah sure. But what I meant is that it's inconvenient that you create a new topic for each item, so that now I'll need to post a comment in 10 different topics. You should have created one topic and post the items in that topic, either in bulk or one by one. You can still do that (and delete all the old topics), if you want them to go on the site. Makes life much easier for the poor admins :)

Is it possible to move my posts with the comments into one topic instead of deleting them?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:26 am 
Site Admin

I think you can do that. Or maybe it's an admin function. Try it, and let me know it it doesn't work out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:02 am 

techneut wrote:
I think you can do that. Or maybe it's an admin function. Try it, and let me know it it doesn't work out.

I checked for a move or manage post option but it doesn't seem to exist, so mabye this could be done by the admin instead? It would make things clearer I believe.

André

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:21 am 
Site Admin

Ok I'll see if I can do that. Please remember for next time to use one topic only for posting
similar messages, like pieces that belong together, or re-recordings of piece that were already posted.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:18 pm 
Site Admin

I had a stab at this and managed to merge two topics into one. But it's a pain in the bottom to do, I get confused, and am actually too lazy to go through with it....

If you want to go up on the site with these, I suggest you create a new topic, or use the one you create about the completion, and post one message to which you attach all of these as mp3 fles. Or, zip up the mp3 files and send them to me via a fileshare site.