Descending Chromatic Fantasy and Nocturne in G-moll

Discuss all aspects of composing, upload compositions, and discuss uploaded compositions.

Moderators: pianolady, techneut, robert

Descending Chromatic Fantasy and Nocturne in G-moll

Postby Anonymous » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:33 am

I am working on transcribing the score for those interested, I should have it out sometime this spring. In the meantime, enjoy this recording of it. I apologize for my horrible playing, but I hope it give real players an idea how to perform it once I put out the score.

Postby PJF » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:54 pm

Very nice!

BTW, your playing isn't horrible. It's musically sensitive and your technique...I can't tell because I don't know the piece.

Postby Anonymous » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:00 am

here is the partial score for the "Nocturne" part. It is absent the dynamics markings and such, but I thought ome folks may want to see this part the score anyway. Fantasy part is being scored, when it is complete I will post the combined pdf.

There are some differencs between this scoreand the recordng, some dueto errors on my part and other post-facto changes on my part. I will eventually post a proper rendition of it all in good time.

Postby Jennifer » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:42 pm

Wow you play it very well and I like the dreamy atmosphere :D
Jennifer M. Castellano

"Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." --Henry Van Dyke

Postby Anonymous » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:14 am

Here is an updated draft of the Nocturne piece. Fantasy is will be posted when I finish getting it typset. I am also adding another section to it, so I will have a new set of recordings sometime this spring.

Return to “Composing”