Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:49 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Mozart K475 Fantasie, C min
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:06 pm 

I'll toss in another of my recordings. I enjoyed the comments and discussion of my Brahms. Here's the Mozart C minor fantasie.

It's not without problems; there are a couple of places where I stumble (not too badly, but another pianist will notice). And for some reason, the piano sounds almost like a fortepiano at times. I was doing a lot of experimentation with microphone placement at the time. The bizarre filename let me decode fairly precisely where I had put the mics. I've partially forgotten how this system worked, but I think the key is that the mics were a stereo pair, separated 16 inches, 52 inches off the floor, 5 feet from the piano, "straight out" from the center of the piano's body.

At any rate, mic placement in my living room is still a mystery to me. I didn't come up with any magic formula.

[url=http://server3.pianosociety.com/protected/mozart-kv475-loukides.mp3]Mozart K475 Fantasie, C minor[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:25 pm 
Site Admin

I have to say I have never been able to warm to this Fantasie, and don't enloy playing it - though the Piu Allegro section is magnificent. That part is also pretty hard and you are a bit taxed there. But it is a solid performance with only some tiny slips. A bit dry for my taste, and I would have liked a bit more assertiveness and a firmer touch. The sound is perhaps not as full as one could wish, but it seems to suit your style and there is nothing much wrong with sounding like a fortepiano in repertoire like this (though I personally do not like the sound of the fortepiano).

That is about all I can bitch about ! Good stuff though, I will put it up the site. Thanks for submitting it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:43 pm 
Site Admin

I think this was very good. Especially the Piu Allegro section.
There is a little dryness to the recording - maybe you can add some reverb? But then that might make the Piu Allegro too smeary - I don't know - that's just a small thing.
I enjoyed this.

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:15 pm 
Site Admin

This one is up the site !
Mike can you please mail me a bio and photograph ?