Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:35 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: J. S. Bach - Fantasy d minor BWV 903
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:00 pm 

Hi, this is my first record of Bach´s Fantasy.

Bach - BWV 903 - Chromatic Fantasy and Fugue in D minor (13:36)

Last edited by wladycek on Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: J. S. Bach - Fantasy d minor BWV 903
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:32 am 
Site Admin

wladycek wrote:
Hi, this is my first record of Bach´s Fantasy.

There is no attachment.

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:38 pm 
Site Admin

It's a pity about the distant and cavernous sound because this is really marvelous live playing, with great freedom in the Fantasy and great authority in the Fugue. There were a few moments where you improvised a little, I think, but nothing anybody would notice unless they knew the piece very well. Good job ! The applause at the end should either been kept in its entirety (because it is well-earned), or removed (because half an applause sounds silly).

This is a big enough piece, and well enough played, to admit you to Piano Society if you want. In that case, we'll need a biography and photo, and we'll expect you to be a regular contributor.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:15 pm 

Hi,

I will be very happy to upload regularly recordings. This is really amazing project with very good forum about music. I appreciate the opportunity to be a member. Thank you very much.

This is my Bio:

Vladimír Halíček
Born in Czech Republic, In June 2013 Vladimir gained a Bachelor Diploma in music at Janacek Academy of Music and Performing Arts in Brno, where he studied with Alena Vlasáková and doc. Jan Jiraský PhD. At present he is studying at Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance in London Master of Music (MMus) under the supervision Deniz Arman Gelenbe and Sergio DeSimone.
Vladimir (Janacek Foundation scholarship holder) was a prize-winner in several Czech and international piano competitions, recently First prize in PMF Oxford (2014), Second Prize in the Liszt International Piano Competition for Young Pianists 2011 (Budapest, Hungary), Second Prize and special prize for the interpretation of a newly commissioned piece in the International Piano Competition of J. Zarebski 2011 (Warsaw, Poland), and Second Prize in the Musica Insieme International Piano Competition 2009 (Venice, Italy).
As a chamber musician, he performs regularly throughout the Czech Republic in a piano duo with Lucie Czajkowska and with cellist Lukáš Svoboda. Together, he and Svoboda became laureates in the Martinu Competition 2012 (Prague, Czech Republic).
As a concerto soloist, Vladimir has performed with the Janacek Philharmonic Orchestra, Moravian Philharmonic Orchestra, South Moravia Chamber Orchestra, TL symphonic orchestra London and the Janacek Conservatory Symphonic Orchestra. He worked with conductors such as Petr Vrónský, Leoš Svárovský, Stanislav Boguňa, Petr Šumník, Marek Prášil or Marek Klimeš, and in 2011, he performed in the Rudolfinum, the most prestigious concert hall in Czech Republic.
He attended masterclasses with Eugen Indjič, Clara Moniuszko, Ida Černecká, Iva Silivanová, Mark Purižinsky. In 2012, Vladimír was awarded with a stipend to participate in the International Keyboard Institute and Festival in New York, where he worked with Alexander Kobrin, Eduard Zilberkant, Asaf Zohar, Avner Arad, Carlo Grante, Hae-Jeon Lee and Nikolai Demidenko.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:56 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Vladimir, and welcome. I'll create your page somewhere and put up your recording this week.

Nice photo. Note that I'll crop it to a passport-style photo as it the norm here.

Please read this topic http://pianosociety.com/new/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5114 on the rules about naming and tagging of submissions.
It is important that these are correct and comprehensive, for example the Name/Title ID3 tag should read

Bach - BWV 903 - Chromatic Fantasy and Fugue in D minor

and the filename should be

bach-903-halicek.mp3

(Note: We do not allow the special Czech characters here).

This time I'll fix these for you but a next time I will bug you about it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:53 pm 
Site Admin

Your page is online at http://server3.pianosociety.com/cms/index.php?section=3283 and your recording is live on the site.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:29 pm 
Site Admin

You're welcome :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:19 pm 
Site Admin

Indeed!

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:24 pm 

Grumpy! :lol:

Thanks for (re)introducing me to a Bach piece I'm not very familiar with, Wladycek! The fantasy portion was very nice; I wonder if the live performance didn't weigh somewhat on the fugue. In any case, I recognized the subject of the fugue, so I suppose I have heard it before. The fantasy reminded me of one of the Brandenburg Concertos; I don't recall which.