Franz Biebl, Ave Maria

Upload new recordings for evaluation and discussions. Acoustic instruments preferred, although digital is allowed. MIDI or other digitally rendered/manipulated recordings will not be admitted.

Moderators: pianolady, techneut, robert

Franz Biebl, Ave Maria

Postby mikel » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:51 am

Feel free to spit this out on the basis of copyright. It's my arrangement of Biebl's Ave Maria (two antiphonal choirs) for solo piano. Not really happy with the ending; I did three takes, and each one had something wrong. If I can figure out how to edit the good parts together with Audacity, I'll do that. It also sounds very march-like, which is partly the percussive nature of the instrument coming back to bite me.
Mike Loukides

Site Admin

Re: Franz Biebl, Ave Maria

Postby techneut » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:02 am

The piece is not without its merits, with some interesting harmonic twists, but as a whole it does not convince me much. Your playing is a rather apologetic and uninspired in the solo sections, I was tempted to switch it off after a few seconds. Not that it's badly played in any way, all the right notes seem to be there. But you really need to put in some fervour and conviction. Don't be afraid to sing out.
Nothing is always absolutely so -- Sturgeon's law
Chris Breemer

Return to “Audition Room”