Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Scriabin: 2 Pieces for Left Hand Alone op.9
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:39 am 

The pieces are not THAT hard to me. But it is unbelievably beautiful regarding the limited choices of notes and texture due to the physical limitation of the performer. I guess it is not so easy to write "less-but-more" kind of composition. Genius Scriabin... I wish I could write something like this...

http://youtu.be/GbJANMEQaEI
http://youtu.be/Lf43aC9MdMI

Post subject: Re: Scriabin: 2 Pieces for Left Hand Alone op.9
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:17 pm 

Great pieces and very good playing. Those are indeed some rich textures for only one hand! The prelude was so Chopin-sounding to me that it was distracting, but I enjoyed both, the Nocturne more.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:05 am 

I thoroughly enjoyed both of your Scriabin renditions for one hand alone. Your playing is very sensitive, expressive, and beautiful indeed. The piano sound was very opulent too.

David

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:33 am 
Site Admin

Very well played. These pieces are hard but not incredibly so. Nothing compared to Bartok's LH etude, a piece I worked on (together with this Scriabin pair and the Brahms Chaconne) when I had a problem with my RH.

I had great trouble believing that photo on YT was of Scriabin. The face too narrow, the features too bland. Google to the rescue... image search led me to the original on alanfraser.net which has correct aspect ratio and sufficient detail. Yes, that *could* be Scriabin - though it could still be anybody else IMO.
Are you sure you're allowed to replicate that picture on YT ?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:48 pm 

I have just listened the 'Nocturne'. Very much chopinian, as usual with early Scriabin, but magnificent. If you had not written 'for left hand', I wouldn't have suspected that RH was not used. What a tour de force as a composition. And, as noted by the others, your rendition is beautiful, as well technically as musically. Thanks you for sharing ! I find this piece definitely should go in the PS bank (but we need a mp3...!). Regards,

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:07 pm 

techneut wrote:
Very well played. These pieces are hard but not incredibly so. Nothing compared to Bartok's LH etude, a piece I worked on (together with this Scriabin pair and the Brahms Chaconne) when I had a problem with my RH.

I had great trouble believing that photo on YT was of Scriabin. The face too narrow, the features too bland. Google to the rescue... image search led me to the original on alanfraser.net which has correct aspect ratio and sufficient detail. Yes, that *could* be Scriabin - though it could still be anybody else IMO.
Are you sure you're allowed to replicate that picture on YT ?

Ah... I am not that sure about using photos in YT? I found it on google tho. I assumed, we can use anything, we find just by google search.. But now I think about it again, it does sound strange.... maybe I should take it down?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:09 pm 

Francois de Larrard wrote:
I have just listened the 'Nocturne'. Very much chopinian, as usual with early Scriabin, but magnificent. If you had not written 'for left hand', I wouldn't have suspected that RH was not used. What a tour de force as a composition. And, as noted by the others, your rendition is beautiful, as well technically as musically. Thanks you for sharing ! I find this piece definitely should go in the PS bank (but we need a mp3...!). Regards,

Sorry to ask you... what is PS bank?.. I am very bad with all sorts of abbrivation.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:19 pm 

groovinkeyz wrote:
Sorry to ask you... what is PS bank?.. I am very bad with all sorts of abbrivation.

I just meant that your rendition should be uploaded on Piano Society server; however, a mp3 file is needed from you ! Regards,