Chopin-Mazurka in A-,op.17 n.4 - Roberto Carnevale, piano

Upload new recordings for evaluation and discussions. Acoustic instruments preferred, although digital is allowed. MIDI or other digitally rendered/manipulated recordings will not be admitted.

Moderators: pianolady, techneut, robert

Chopin-Mazurka in A-,op.17 n.4 - Roberto Carnevale, piano

Postby neopoiesis » Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:05 pm

another Chopin-Mazurka: a typical "Kujawiak".
ciao, Roberto

Admin edit: replaced attachment by live link.
Chopin-Mazurka in A-,op.17 n.4

Site Admin

Postby techneut » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:20 pm

A wonderful performance once again - even if I do not quite agree with the extremely slow tempo and the all too pronounced ritardandi, especially at the end of the RH melismas. Your total freedom in this music is quite extraordinary, and you make us believe that every bar is the most beautiful thing in the world. It sounds a little too swimmy though, perhaps because of pedal usage or the ambiance, I am not sure. Better that than too dry, but perhaps the Mazurkas could sound a little more perky, fruity and earthy (insert any appropriate adjective here...).

Any Nocturnes on the roster perhaps ? I bet those would be gorgeous in your hands.
Nothing is always absolutely so -- Sturgeon's law
Chris Breemer

Site Admin

Postby robert » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:27 am

Yes again wonderful but unusual slow so I had to listen to it a couple of times to get used. I agree that Chopin Nocturnes should sound wonderful coming from you.

Postby MindenBlues » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:26 am

Yes, the Mazurka is played slow, very slow. But say what? After listening several times I can't imagine anymore that is has to be played faster, it sounds VERY convincing to me that way.

Listening to this recording automatically sets me in a dreaming and meditating mood.

It is simply beautiful playing.

Return to “Audition Room”