Video: John Williams - Harry Potter Edvige Theme

Upload new recordings for evaluation and discussions. Acoustic instruments preferred, although digital is allowed. MIDI or other digitally rendered/manipulated recordings will not be admitted.

Moderators: pianolady, techneut, robert

Video: John Williams - Harry Potter Edvige Theme

Postby neroneelfico » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:16 pm

My interpretation of Harry Potter Edvige's Theme, transcription by Jarrod Radcliffe

Site Admin

Re: Video: John Williams - Harry Potter Edvige Theme

Postby techneut » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:48 pm

I have a nagging feeling that, while you duly and credibly hit the keys, the sound is MIDI-generated. It sounds too impossibly smooth and perfect. You cleverly insert a different image or change camera angle when something hard is going on,
like the insanely fast loops with crossed hands. You wearing an earphones makes me think you're playing along with the computer.

Sorry to be suspicious but I think this is a fake. I could be wrong. But not that it matters ! Because this is a classical site and we don't want this kind of stuff here anyway.
Nothing is always absolutely so -- Sturgeon's law
Chris Breemer

Site Admin

Postby pianolady » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:02 pm

And we really don't like fake recordings/videos!
"Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties." ~ Frederic Chopin

my videos:
my personal website:

Postby SamSpade » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:12 pm

Is this Bacos 2.0? :D

OK, this is NOT a "performance" video.

- Take a look at his other videos and the sound quality is nowhere near the same
- There is NO ambient sound. There is at least 2 others in the room moving around and taking video/photos.. we should hear something
- Yes the headphones are a dead give away. Didn't see that the first time I viewed.. good call tech.

To his credit, I think he did play this.. Bacos style and then put it in a pretty package.

This video may belong in a press packet but not here.

Your other videos (Up, etc.) are the type we like to see here.. ..
Except that one where you are singing. No offense, but stick to the piano! :D

Return to “Audition Room”