Poulenc and Borodin

Upload new recordings for evaluation and discussions. Acoustic instruments preferred, although digital is allowed. MIDI or other digitally rendered/manipulated recordings will not be admitted.

Moderators: pianolady, techneut, robert

Re: Poulenc and Borodin

Postby musicusblau » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:25 am

Hi Monica,
I have listened to both pieces with score and I have to say, they are very well played. Both are interesting little pieces, especially the Borodin is very interesting because of these little chromatic progressions in the chord-repetitions. I have enjoyed your performance very much.

Postby richard66 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:25 pm

I do not know if it is the computer speakers or the fact that at the computer I am not sitting at ease, but I find that the moment I put something on CD t changes completely. I copied the Borodin on CD two days ago and I must say it soubds quite lovely. I really should have salvaged it when I chucked the rest of the suite in the bin.
Richard Willmer
"Please do not shoot the pianist
He is doing his best."
Oscar Wilde: Impressions of America: Leadville

Site Admin

Postby pianolady » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:04 am

Hi Andreas,
Thank you for your kind remarks. Besides liking when composers use lots of low notes (or at least when I can get away with dropping some octaves here and there), I also like chromatic passages. For some reason, that appeals to me very much.

@Richard - I'm glad to have at least forwarded a little piece of music that appeals to you, as well. :)
"Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties." ~ Frederic Chopin

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

Return to “Audition Room”