Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: Re: Liszt -Liebestraume No.3 in A-Flat Major
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:25 am 

Hi Eddy,

Again, I really enjoyed listening to your Liebestraume here.

I'm hoping that you'll post a new piece soon, as I think it's been awhile. Just curious, are you currently working on something? If yes, but you're like me and prefer to keep it a "state secret" until you actually post it, that's OK, as suspense adds to the anticipation. :)

David

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:41 am 

Rachfan wrote:
Hi Eddy,

Again, I really enjoyed listening to your Liebestraume here.

I'm hoping that you'll post a new piece soon, as I think it's been awhile. Just curious, are you currently working on something? If yes, but you're like me and prefer to keep it a "state secret" until you actually post it, that's OK, as suspense adds to the anticipation. :)

David

Thanks David! Or shall I say Rachfan? I've been playing Op.23, Nos 4, 5, 6! These are long memorized and up to tempo. I'm anxious to hear what you (and others) think, but am still stuck with the whole recording bit. I've been waiting (and waiting) for a sound guy to come teach me the ropes of Pro Tools 9 so that I can go forward on my own. It's been so long that I'm sure I'll get the piano tuned again first (not that it sounds bad). I also have the Scriabin Nocturne for LH pretty ready too (the fioritura part is quite tough); actually the voicing is a real bear - some as hard as a few passages of the No. 4 above (the hardest voicing passages I have ever had to tackle!). I have another little encore piece that will be new to the PS library, by such an obscure composer that I can't find hardly anything on.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:21 am 

Hi Eddy,

Yes, David is fine.

On Op 23, you're referring to the Rachmaninoff Preludes, yes? I've also recorded 4, 5 and 6, some of my favorites. The other pieces sound interesting too. Looking forward to hearing your recordings!

Pro Tools 9 is very technical and complicated stuff for the novice from the little I've read of it. My own challenge would be understanding it after it was all explained to me :lol: ! One thing I would do though if I were you would be to make sure that the technician fully grasps the fact that you're a classical pianist. It would not be unusual to find that he works in the realm of jazz and pops, which is a world removed from classical and the many implications for making recordings. For example, for solo piano you really only need the purity of two tracks for two matched stereo mics, rather than 148 tracks or whatever. Anyway, I hope you have good luck with that!

David