Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:22 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject: classical?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:46 pm 
First time I went wrong and posted an improvisation of mine in the "member composer" forum. But to go on with the question if this is/sounds like classical music to you I post this piece of mine.
And I just want to say that's not necessary to leave my first post in the "member composer" forum if you don't want to. I didn't want to provoke anyone by just putting my music in the "member composer" forum without asking the piano society. So you should delete it or put here in the audition room if it annoys you.

Post subject: classical?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:54 pm 
I'm sorry. Missed the file.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:42 pm 
Yeh, reminds me about Prokofiev wich isn't a bad thing at all. Keep composing!

Edit: If you mean the classical perioid then I must disagree and locate that to modern, but I think that I got right what you ment at the first time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:06 pm 
Site Admin

A nice improvisation, certainly more "classical" in style than the Gute Nacht thingy (although you know we cannot give a definition of classical). And well played. Some nice ideas and development, but also some rather weak transitions where I sort of hear you thinking "now what next ?". The end is a bit of a let-down, pity you did not use that spiky march theme to drive to a grand guignol conclusion (you could have called it Marche Grotesque or something alike). I agree with saori in that it reminds one of the March from the Love of Three Oranges. Did you have that in mind when playing it ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:12 pm 
Quote:
I agree with saori in that it reminds one of the March from the Love of Three Oranges. Did you have that in mind when playing it ?

No, I didn't have that in my mind when improvised that piece. But you're right it could fit. And you're right techneut that you sometimes hear this "what next". When I listen to some improvised recordings it's often that I find better solutions than I played in this moment. But it's hard not to loose the overview of form, etc. when you improvise music. Especially, when you have a fast tempo and difficult harmonical development. I have to work on it. But thanks for comments.