PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:04 pm 
Hope you enjoy!

http://www.freewebtown.com/khoatran_pia ... 0final.mp3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:58 pm 
how is it, people? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:26 am 
:?: :roll: give me some comments on this people, please?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:49 am 
Site Admin

Hey, you in a hurry ? Of course you are dying to get some feedback, aren't we all, but remember there is no 24-hours-a-day staff assigned to the Audition Room !

I would listen to it now but I can't download mp3's at work. It'll have to wait until the evening unless you mail it to me now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:56 pm 
Site Admin

Well here ya go then.

This could be good, and it probably will be, but it isn't quite yet. I think you have the right feeling for Chopin, but this is not as assured as the Waltz you presented earlier.

First thing, there are some slips, but what is worse, a huge lot of wrongly read notes. You really MUST listen back to it, score in hand, several times if needed, and mark all the notes you have read wrong. Honestly, it's no good like this ! You are just not playing what Chopin wrote.

You started very wimpy, with notes missing here and there, and rather too much pedal, but it shaped up nicely. The dynamics are quite good, the runs are not bad either (except for the funny notes). I find your rubato a bit wilful in places but that could be personal taste. Again, you seem to have some talent for Chopin. Go for it, but first of all do respect the written notes !

I'll be interested to hear how it sounds once you have put in that work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:19 pm 
thank you very much for the reply ... i will try to do it!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:09 pm 
I don’t know about this recording. I really like how different the it sounds, but in this day and age I don't think I would want classical music that has been adapted to such an extent. I think you are trying a bit to hard to sound different ,which I think could be good but... what you did I think was a bit to much. People may be using your work as reference, and playing how you did might not be so good for those studying for competitions or master classes or something. For a concert, I think it would be completely adequate because in concert you can do whatever you want.

Maybe if you corrected a few things and re-recorded this, it would sound perfect! :P I really like this recording though... it's so different! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:05 am 
Thank you for that!! you were right when you said i was trying a bit different from the piece so those who dont know much about classical music can adapt it easily...
As the matter of fact, my parents like this piece and they always tell me to play it for them....yeah, they dont know anything about music. :o
I will try to record again this piece when I have free time...have been so busy with college assignments

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:02 am 

The tone quality and the overall sound is very good, but stop pulling the tempo back and forth. You're going to make your audience seasick with those waving rubatos! Try playing this piece in nearly strict time, with just an occasional breath of rubato. I'm fairly confident that Chopin wanted this piece to be played, for the most part, evenly.

Pete