Upload new recordings for evaluation and discussions. Acoustic instruments preferred, although digital is allowed. MIDI or other digitally rendered/manipulated recordings will not be admitted.

Moderators: pianolady, techneut, robert

John Robson

Postby John Robson » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:17 pm

Thanks to Monica's beautiful renditions of Spanish dances, I found the music for the only Granados piece I ever played. The music is yellow because it is so faded, but it's still useful. Living in Miami, almost all of my friends are hispanic....from Cuba, Colombia, Guatemala, Argentina, etc... I hate to stereotype, but there are more passionate about life than most of us Anglo-Americans. Their television shows are sometimes what I call melodramatic. I tell you this because this posting may be melodramatic also. If it is to you, just consider it a joke. I hadn't played this piece in over thirty years until about an hour ago. So it's a bit rusty.

Granados: Spanish Dance, Op.5, No.5

Site Admin

Postby techneut » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:33 pm

30 years ! Not rusty at all then. Pretty good in fact. I can hear you have some Latin affinities. It can go right up the site if you want.
Nothing is always absolutely so -- Sturgeon's law
Chris Breemer

Site Admin

Postby pianolady » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:14 am

Really nice, John. And your dynamics are much better than mine. Good job. I'm just loving these Granados pieces more and more every day.
"Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties." ~ Frederic Chopin

my videos:
my personal website:

John Robson

Postby John Robson » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:11 am

Thanks, Monica. The "Playera" is a little rusty, but I enjoyed fooling with it. Because I've enjoyed your Granados works so much, last night I ordered a book of various Granados ditties myself. I can't wait to get it

Chris, feel free to put the Playera on the site if you feel it's worth it.

Site Admin

Postby robert » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:21 am

I do not think this sounds rusty either and have the spanish fire that is expected. Very good and I have put it up on the site.

Return to “Audition Room”