Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:37 pm 
Site Admin

robert wrote:

The end of some of the "sketch alike" preludes are alwats a bit difficult, like Chopin not really had a clear program for it and they tend to fade away. But I do prefer these before overlong endings as he sometimes do in his larger works (nothing comparing to Liszt though who can go on in minutes before finding the correct chord :o). On the other hand, it might be the case that it should not feel really finished but rather start of next prelude. I believe they are clearly connected and fits best executed as a chain where all the tension built up is neutralised with the last prelude's deep D, D, D.

I know what you mean about Liszt. I remember the first time I heard his popular sonata (b-minor?)I was in my car on the way to the mall. I found a parking spot and waited before turning the car off for the piece to end. When I thought it did, I began reaching for the radio to turn it off, but then the piece kept going. I did that around four more times before it finally ended. I do like that Sonata, but I laugh remembering how I thought it had four or five endings, and I was never going to get out of my car.

Anyway, the Preludes. Very interesting thought you have about them. I like the idea of neutralizing the tension at the end of the last one. I never really thought about them being connected as far as the tension goes.
I am currently in love with them again. You know how you play something a long time ago, and then put it way for a long time, and then look at it again? That's what's happening with me and these Preludes. They tell a special little story and the drama in each one is so prominent in even the ones that don't have the extreme tension.(or don't seem to) My teacher pointed out some things in the No. 21 that I never thought of before, and it's opened my eyes to a new way of listening and playing these. In this no. 21, the RH plays the gentle, singing melody going along peacefully, while the LH is almost like a duet along with it - the upper notes of LH - but with a hint of restlessness, like some turbulence is coming on the horizon. And it does when everything comes crashing down on the long four-part downhill toward the end.
I once watched a player perform all the Preludes straight through in a recital once, and he was sweating profusely by the end. I'm sure I would collapse if I could ever do it. Oh, isn't Chopin great! I love him. And I'm loving Granados right now too. My husband is getting a little tired of me talking about all these great men all the time - but at least since they are dead, he tolerates it. :wink:

Quote:
Chris said, "not a wrong key" but I am pretty sure there I hear a tiny slip in the 21:th prelude at 1:21 but you hide it really well with the pedal

I caught him on a good day. :P

Thanks for listening, Robert.

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:35 pm 

I see, and I saw. Sorry for the late reply, as I just found it.
From my honest opnion. as for the piano society we are here to share music around as friends,,,,

I liked your prelude 11 and addicted to the "may song". Its like watching the movie'''''song to remember/song of love " Can you remember that??? Story of chopin....

Good work and nice piano sound too, this is the best sound.from your recording..why?????Usse less keys? drier room, door opened???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:43 am 
Site Admin

johnmar78 wrote:

I liked your prelude 11 and addicted to the "may song". Its like watching the movie'''''song to remember/song of love " Can you remember that??? Story of chopin....

I have all the Chopin movies.

Quote:
this is the best sound.from your recording..why?????Usse less keys? drier room, door opened

So you think the less keys I play, the better I sound? :evil:

:) I'm kidding. I recorded this right after I had the piano tuned. Also, I'm coming out of my box!
That's what my teacher told me - that I play too timidly and with a lot of tension, so we're working on me gettting more tone.

Thanks, John

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:51 am 

So you think the less keys I play, the better I sound? :evil: this evil icon suits the reply very well and cute. I mean, those keys that we used less are often in tune better.