Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:09 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 347 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:04 pm 

I'm working on this:

http://file.walagata.com/w/lapeter/Beethoven2711.mp3
http://file.walagata.com/w/lapeter/Beethoven2713.mp3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:44 pm 

http://amelialw.wordpress.com/2009/02/16/feb-09/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:08 am 

For a concert on March 27th

L'Histoire de Babar Poulenc. Including narration and choreography.

Le Bestiaire, Song Cycle by Poulenc. I just play piano :lol:

Alborada del Gracioso, Pavane pour Infante Defunte, Oiseaux Tristes and A la maniere de Borodine Ravel.

Clair de lune, General Lavine;Excentrique and one or two other pieces by Debussy, not sure just which ones yet. Maybe some Satie...

April 24th "An Evening of Rodgers and Hammerstein" I am musical director and pianist :P

May 3rd Piano Concerto No.1 in Eb Liszt, with Orchestra Northern Arizona :shock: 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:52 am 

Chopin 25/7, Beethoven Op. 110 (still), and Bach Partita in E minor (still, this time the Allemande and Courante). Now all I have left on the Partita is the Gavotte (been putting that one off) but I have some serious work to do on all movements still, especially the Toccata.

Post subject: current repertoire
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:26 pm 

:D Hello, I am a newbie here.
Current program:
Ligeti Etude #10 Der Zauberlehrling
Beethoven Sonata in E op. 109
Liszt Au bord d'une source
Chopin Ballade in g mi op.23
~ ~
Rachmaninoff Etude-Tableaux in e-flat mi op.39#5
" Prelude in D op.23#4
" Prelude in b mi op.32#10
" Prelude in g#mi op. 32#12
Prokofiev 10 Scenes from Romeo and Juliet op.75

In-Progress program:
Liszt Benediction de Dieu dans la solitude
Brahms Paganini Variations op.35
~ ~
Ligeti Etude No. 6 Autome a Varsovie
Bartok 2 Roumanian Dances op. 8a
Szymanowski 2 Mazurkas (from op.50)
Berio Wasserklavier and Fuerklavier (from 6 Encores)
Scriabin Sonata No.5 in F# op.53

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:41 pm 

I just added Chopin's nouvelles etude #1 in f minor to my fall recital program. I've never worked on it before, but I've loved it for a long time. I'll be reworking the toccata from Bach's e minor partita this summer, learning the gavotte (last movement, woo!) and trying to polish the other movements that I've already worked up. I need to add ornaments to A section repeats.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:30 am 

It's been a while, so just thought I'd post an update. Right now I'm not working on a whole lot... finishing up Chopin's 4th ballade (I have to learn the coda still...), and going to start one of the Liebermann Gargoyles next week once I get the score (still haven't decided whether I'm going to do the 1st or 4th... leaning towards the 4th though). Also soon I'll be reworking the complete Les Adieux sonata. Those three pieces (Beethoven, Chopin, Liebermann) will be for a competition in October.

Other than that, I think I might be starting a concerto (hopefully complete this time) soon. Haven't decided which one yet... if Mozart, no. 23. If Beethoven, no. 3. If romantic, I'm hoping Rach. 4. We'll see...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:17 am 

Currently memorizing/learning/burnishing:

Bach/Petri Sheep May Safely Graze (hard to practice due to its beauty)
Bach French Suite no. 6 in E major
Bach P+F no. 2 in C minor (from WTC 1)
Mozart Sonata in C major K. 330 (this one seems to be popular in this thread)
Liszt Liebestraum no. 3 in Ab major

... This website is orgasmically amazing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:00 am 

I listen to Horowitz's recording from Moscow of the Mozart k330 allll the time. it makes me happy :D

Also, I hadn't heard (or even heard of) that bach-petri until I was at the cliburn this year and Yeol Eum Son played it. It was amazingly beautiful, and now I have the score!

Last edited by diminished2nd on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:07 am 

diminished2nd wrote:
I listen to Horowitz's recording from Moscow of the Mozart k330 allll the time. it makes me happy :D

Me too! Lang Lang's rendition is also good; no quite as ingenious, but errs more on the conservative/accurate side. As for "sheep may safely graze", I saw Yeol's sweet rendition, but I think Greg Anderson's is even more beautiful (voicing, tempo, acoustics..); check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vvOv0xlLhU

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:34 am 

kawaiDoodler wrote:
... This website is orgasmically amazing!

:lol: Where is Nathan Coleman? :lol:

Post subject: ^_^
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:52 pm 

Current program:
Bach - Prelude & Fugue - no.2 - c-moll - WTK 2
Beethoven - Sonate no. 15 - D-dur
Brahms - Imtermezzi no. 2, op. 118 - A-dur
Rachmaninov - Etude-Tableaux no. 7
Rachmaninov - Elegy op.3
Constantinecu - Joc Dobrogean
Czerny - etude no.50
Moshkovsky - etudes no.1, 2, 6, 9
Chopin - Etude no.1 op.25

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:10 pm 

for nationals at the end of the year:
Beethoven Piano Concerto no.1 (complete)
Mozart Sonata K.284 (complete)
Schumann Papllions op.2
Debussy Estampes (complete)

i'm almost done with all of these pieces, right now my concerto,sonata& romantic piece are close to being done...still have quite alot of work to do on Estampes though

for school (yr 2 sem 1): still on hols, so i'm taking my time
Liszt Gnomereigen
Scarlitti Sonata in d minor Kk.141

my canada teacher whom i'm still in contact with (i still consider her as my teacher and she still is) assigned me this lot of pieces or rather asked me to pick a piece or 2 from each of these:Liszt Transcendental Etudes, Annees de Pelerinage-Swiss,Schubert Waltzers,Brahms Intermezzi as well as Schumann's Scenes from Childhood*& Abegg*(must learn), however RCM just released a new exam LRCM which is to be taken after ARCT (2 years after is the recommended time) and she is very eager to have me take it, well i'm just excited. Now I have given a task of choosing rep from the syllabus. will still have to finish the pieces assigned though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:16 pm 

Haven't been on this thread in a while... I'm now working on Mozart k. 311, Prokofiev 3rd Sonata, and Liszt's second ballade. Whenever I have my next lesson my teacher is getting me a score for the Mozart D minor concerto also... and 3 weeks from today I'm playing Chopin's 4th ballade and the 3rd Liebermann gargoyle together with the 3rd movement from Mozart k311 at my teacher's studio recital! We'll be recording it. It should be fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:38 am 

I just started working on Hindemith's 3rd sonata. I should know by the end of Christmas break whether or not I will be able to work it up in a year, for my senior recital. It scares me. I'm already signed up to play Beethoven Op. 110. I have already played the 1st and 2nd movements for juries, though they could use some more work, but the third movement scares me. Or the 3rd and 4th movements, if you prefer. I have also started working on the Bach c minor partita. It has been 'next in line' for some time now - I think the two years I spent with the e minor partita will help me learn this one more quickly.

Anyway, my teacher says that this program is all German so far, and it's just dying for something French. I can't play Chopin again, sadly, and he doesn't really count as French anyway. I have had tons of suggestions thrown at me - Debussy, Ravel, etc. - but I haven't really fallen in love with any of that music.

Any suggestions? Whatever it is, it shouldn't be too difficult. I have a lot on my plate already with the Germans. But it also shouldn't be too small. Would probably have to be Romantic or Impressionist, since I have to draw from different periods for each piece on the program, and Hindemith is smack in the middle of the 'modern' era and therefore disqualifies most of it, no matter how different the style might be. I have just listened to all the Debussy and Ravel I have on iTunes, and the only stuff I like sounds too hard. :cry:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 347 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next