Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:58 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:46 am 
Site Admin

Statistics are really screwed up. Our new guy, Nathan, is now at the top. :lol:

my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/monicapiano
my personal website: http://www.monicaalianello.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:53 am 
Site Admin

pianolady wrote:
Statistics are really screwed up. Our new guy, Nathan, is now at the top. :lol:

That is because he's gettnig the credit for the 891946 :shock: downloads of Chase Coleman's Brahms intermezzo. Nobody beats that. Seems like stats cannot handle name clashes. Just like JS Bach is now being listed as C.P.E.

Nathan, just to save me work, could you please change your surname ? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:18 pm 

How about also posting the total download statistics every 6 month or so?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:18 am 

whoohooo ... I rule ... and I haven't even uploaded a Brahms yet ... lol

Now, if only I could use my powers for good! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:59 pm 
Site Admin

I have at last fixed the stats script and all of the inconsistent filenames and ID tags. The stats and new pages seem to be ok now. Chase Coleman is firmly in the lead - his Brahms Intermezzo has cause more downloads than all other recordings together :shock: I am not sure what to do about that. Somebody out there must really like that recording :wink:

To all who upload files directly to the server (so far, besides me, that is only Robert) : Please take (yet more) care about correct filenaming and ID3 tagging. Errors in there repeatedly cost me time as I must change the stats program to deal with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:47 pm 
Site Admin

Can you please make a post about how to make correct ID tags?

Also, what is the point about the last row of statistics - the cumulative, which is the same as the current month?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 am 
Site Admin

pianolady wrote:

Yeh good point. There was one but I think it was on the old forum. I'll make a new one because people can really save us time by doing this properly.

pianolady wrote:
Also, what is the point about the last row of statistics - the cumulative, which is the same as the current month?

There is no point right now. I think Robert split the access log on october 1, so the cumulative stats go back to that date only. As from next month, there will be a difference though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:42 am 

techneut wrote:
pianolady wrote:

Yeh good point. There was one but I think it was on the old forum. I'll make a new one because people can really save us time by doing this properly.

But it is stated in the thread "posting multiple attachments" in the audition forum already - explaining the rule for the name, and Chris provided 2 screenshot-examples for correct file namings?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:01 am 
Site Admin

No, ID tagging is not really explained in that post. But from the screen shots, I think you are talking about the filename? ex. Chopin-5-2-Breemer.mp3 ?
Putting in the dashes and the performers last name is something I have never done, so if this is correct ID tags, then I'll do it. Do we need to also put in that mp3 at the end?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:03 am 
Site Admin

Anyway I'll check what is documented and what needs to be added. Wrong tags and especially wrong filenames are a pain in the bottom that I could well do without.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:21 am 
Site Admin

techneut wrote:
I have at last fixed the stats script and all of the inconsistent filenames and ID tags. The stats and new pages seem to be ok now. Chase Coleman is firmly in the lead - his Brahms Intermezzo has cause more downloads than all other recordings together :shock: I am not sure what to do about that. Somebody out there must really like that recording :wink:

Looking good. I have truncated the logs so that only the present month is available and will rotate the logs every month. The reason I did so was that the creation of the statistics tended to crash the server as the log file was so large. Also, it is a pain for the backup procedure as it needs to copy the entire file every night.

I checked Chase's stats and there are more than 1000 different IP addresses downloading his music so the link must have been placed on a very famous website or into a game or something. Perhaps loading automatically when you enter a special page etc. So far, I have not been able to understand from where. Do you know?

techneut wrote:
To all who upload files directly to the server (so far, besides me, that is only Robert) : Please take (yet more) care about correct filenaming and ID3 tagging. Errors in there repeatedly cost me time as I must change the stats program to deal with them.

Mostly my fault. I know how this is a pain and special characters in the ID3-tagging will also make it more difficult. For instance, Lebenstedt's Schumann recordings had the ü character which is not support by the ID3-tagging program. Basically, only [A-Z][a-z][0-9][,.-_()'] are allowed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:37 am 
Site Admin

robert wrote:
Looking good. I have truncated the logs so that only the present month is available and will rotate the logs every month. The reason I did so was that the creation of the statistics tended to crash the server as the log file was so large. Also, it is a pain for the backup procedure as it needs to copy the entire file every night.

If you do this every month, the cumulative stats in their current form serve no purpose any more.
But I have not got a better solution either. It would be better to generate cumulative stats from cycled logs than from one large access log. Darn, I'll have to rewrite that program again now :x

robert wrote:
I checked Chase's stats and there are more than 1000 different IP addresses downloading his music so the link must have been placed on a very famous website or into a game or something. Perhaps loading automatically when you enter a special page etc. So far, I have not been able to understand from where. Do you know?

Maybe it is used as background sound in a page somewhere. Perhaps we can find this with Google, it is worth a try. If that is the case they should copy the file to their own server instead of hotlinking to us. BTW I thought you had disable linking directly to MP3's ?

techneut wrote:
Mostly my fault. I know how this is a pain and special characters in the ID3-tagging will also make it more difficult. For instance, Lebenstedt's Schumann recordings had the ü character which is not support by the ID3-tagging program. Basically, only [A-Z][a-z][0-9][,.-_()'] are allowed.

That is most definitely not true. May if you do the tagging on the Linux machine, but Windows ID3 programs (I use iTunes) have no trouble with it. I have lots of diacriticals in my ID3 tags (think of all these Bach organ titles) and they do not present any problem in either the stats or new programs. In filenames though, they should be avoided like the plague. I am still intrigued how you managed to get Chinese encoding set for some of the tags :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:49 am 

Quote:
I checked Chase's stats and there are more than 1000 different IP addresses downloading his music so the link must have been placed on a very famous website or into a game or something.

I like games and am intrigued that my playing is possibly being used for that purpose. 8)

If a website is famous, then so am I, anonymously. :?

Quote:
Perhaps loading automatically when you enter a special page etc. So far, I have not been able to understand from where. Do you know?

If you find out, let me know! Who or whatever is downloading that piece might like to communicate with me directly; then again they could do that via private message. Still, I am VERY curious about this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:16 am 
Site Admin

Have you seen the stats today? I am right underneath you, Chris. (but can you move to the right a bit? - you are a little heavy :lol: )

What is it with that Brahms piece? Now someone is 'looping' Chase's version and mine. Weird!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:40 am 
Site Admin

pianolady wrote:
Have you seen the stats today? I am right underneath you, Chris. (but can you move to the right a bit? - you are a little heavy :lol: )

What is it with that Brahms piece? Now someone is 'looping' Chase's version and mine. Weird!

No comment on the first question - except that my skinny 77 kgs can't be said to be heavy.

I always expected to be overtaken by one of the other recording tigers. Almost there now. Maybe I should go and record that Intermezzo too - people seem to like it. And do the Mondschein and Arabesque for good measure as those are evidently what the world needs most :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next