Piano Society
Free Classical Keyboard Recordings
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: QUOTE !
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:33 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:45 am
Posts: 9511
Location: Netherlands
I finally found out (quite by accident) why the "Quote" function was broken for everyone but Robert.

When you look in your forum profile, there are some radio buttons, one of them saying "Always allow HTML". Apparently that should be OFF (and "Always allow BBCode", just above it, should be ON). I checked a number of profiles, and Robert, always the clever bastard, was the only one who had it set like that. Changed my profile accordingly, and now it works for me too. To prove I will post another message quoting myself (always wanted to do that :wink: )

_________________
Nothing is always absolutely so -- Sturgeon's law
Chris Breemer


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QUOTE !
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:34 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:45 am
Posts: 9511
Location: Netherlands
techneut wrote:
I finally found out (quite by accident) why the "Quote" function was broken for everyone but Robert.

When you look in your forum profile, there are some radio buttons, one of them saying "Always allow HTML". Apparently that should be OFF (and "Always allow BBCode", just above it, should be ON). I checked a number of profiles, and Robert, always the clever bastard, was the only one who had it set like that. Changed my profile accordingly, and now it works for me too. To prove I will post another message quoting myself (always wanted to do that :wink: )


See. it works now :!: Just set 'Always allow HTML' to OFF. Don't ask me why.

_________________
Nothing is always absolutely so -- Sturgeon's law
Chris Breemer


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QUOTE !
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:29 am
Posts: 692
Location: Germany
techneut wrote:
Just set 'Always allow HTML' to OFF. Don't ask me why.


Thanks! Works that way now for me too as you can see :D

_________________
Olaf Schmidt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:29 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:27 pm
Posts: 1842
Location: Sweden
:!: I did that for a completely different reason a long time ago! I think it was when I copied biographies for composers and pianists directly from the Typo3 installation where a lot things where tagged with HTML code.

I see in the overall configuration of phpBB that it can HTML code can be globally turned off. Perhaps we should do that?

_________________
Pianist profile of Robert


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:41 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:45 am
Posts: 9511
Location: Netherlands
robert wrote:
I see in the overall configuration of phpBB that it can HTML code can be globally turned off. Perhaps we should do that?

That probably does not help if every user profile has it ON by default. Even if there's an inheritance mechanism it will only have effect for new users. Can't be wrong changing it though.

Still beats me why it so wierdly breaks the quote... as that has nothing much to do with HTML.

_________________
Nothing is always absolutely so -- Sturgeon's law
Chris Breemer


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: QUOTE !
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:26 am
Posts: 252
Location: Arizona
MindenBlues wrote:
techneut wrote:
Just set 'Always allow HTML' to OFF. Don't ask me why.


Thanks! Works that way now for me too as you can see :D


And for me! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group